Sunday, November 20, 2011

Updates on Life


Clive is 28 weeks old today, (where has the time gone?) and we have been shamefully bad about keeping up-to-date, not only with him, but with jobs, family, future plans, etc. Here's my attempt to do better at that.

Clive
has been eating real people food now for about 6 weeks, and it has made a wonderful (though challenging and messy) change in our lives. He seems to thrive on it. You may remember that initially he would only eat banana or banana+other stuff. Thankfully, he is past that stage (or he'd be 10 years old eating an In-N-Out Burger with banana smashed all over it) and now eats yogurt, cheese, meat, quiche, pizza, etc and he can reasonably feed himself bread and ravioli with his hands. We are so proud of our big boy! Plus, his weight has picked up dramatically with the introduction of food. I look back on the days when he was sick and losing weight and I'm so glad that now we a thriving and chubby baby.
He also sleeps through the night now, which is a HUGE improvement over waking every hour like he was doing only a few weeks ago, and taking more regular naps. Basically, he is happy, healthy, smiling and laughing, and to not risk sounding like an obsessed parent I'll stop there.

Zac
had a big step forward last week, and that was starting the process of ordination in the Church of England. He meet with our Diocesan Director of Ordinands and the meeting went so well that the DDO said that he was confident that Zac should begin the process. The process is at least a year long and involves a lot of work, meetings, selection committees, etc, and there are LOTS of opportunities for them to decide not to advance a candidate. We are excited to have made this first step and praying that God will affirm for Zac his calling in ministry and make it obvious to the diocese people. Your prayers in this area are appreciated!

Erica
(that's me, so I'll switch to the first person) I'm continuing my freelance graphic design work, which is very flexible and allows me to still take care of Clive during the day. I have only a few clients at the moment, which is good because I have only a few hours a day to devote to it, but I am looking for more (hours and clients!). I really love doing my graphic design, and I love being my own boss :); satisfaction definitely trumping financial success right now. Recently I've started doing 4 hours a week of work at our church, during which time Clive is watched by a friend. I'll be completely re-vamping the church website, you can see the final product hopefully around Christmas!
I'd also like to welcome my new nephew into the world, born October 28th (so a few weeks ago now). He was born to my sister Allie and her husband Evan, and we're thrilled to have another little one in the family (I love babies, can you tell?). Alexei Sebastian Friesen, you are very cute and we can't wait to meet you at Christmas!

And in case you hadn't yet heard, we are going to spend our first Christmas in 2 years back in the US! I love living here in England, but Christmas is a hard time to be away from family. We'll be splitting our time between Ohio and California, in Ohio from Dec 16-Dec 25 and California Dec 25-Jan 4. We can't wait to see everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment